First overnighter of the year.... Pics heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
I was about to ask where , then scrolled up . I am 20 mins from Maidstone and never sen those woods.! they look perfect.

Simon1

Nomad
Nov 17, 2005
Maidstone area in kent
Ok Qwerty here goes, I have been coming to this spot for over 2 years know, I have managed to gain the trust of the farm manager so he lets me camp here under the rules that i do not disclose where it is, as they have had problems with deer poachers and the woods are strictly managed. You could call it a micro getaway from the day to day drudge of work. I like to try some new skills, so as you can see in the pic i constructed a simple A frame chair, a little uncomfortable but better than the ground. The afternoon that we arrived we needed to clear the area as the landowner had the woods logged and thined, so the bulldozers had been in and changed the dynamics of the woods completely, it wasnt long before my mate and I had cleared the area so it was fire time..... Although we had some camp meals it was nice to put some bacon over the fire to cook... About 8:30pm the sky's opened and down came the rain, it was pretty heavy but the hennessey hammock stood up pretty well! I have a snugpack underblanket which did get damp with the driving rain but i stayed warm inside. The next day it was a quick packup as my mates tent had leaked in the early hours and left him pretty damp and fed up!!! Lol .

That was about it, I find that even a night out in the woods lifts the spirits and helps you through the working week until the next visit!!
Hope this little write up is ok, as i have never really reported on my outings before, and i hope you all enjoy the pics!!!
All the best!
simon 1

Silkhi

Forager
Mar 28, 2015
N Yorks
Lovely spot you have found there - very jealous! Love the shot where you have you feet up - now that's relaxation!

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Ok Qwerty here goes, I have been coming to this spot for over 2 years know, I have managed to gain the trust of the farm manager so he lets me camp here under the rules that i do not disclose where it is, as they have had problems with deer poachers and the woods are strictly managed. You could call it a micro getaway from the day to day drudge of work. I like to try some new skills, so as you can see in the pic i constructed a simple A frame chair, a little uncomfortable but better than the ground. The afternoon that we arrived we needed to clear the area as the landowner had the woods logged and thined, so the bulldozers had been in and changed the dynamics of the woods completely, it wasnt long before my mate and I had cleared the area so it was fire time..... Although we had some camp meals it was nice to put some bacon over the fire to cook... About 8:30pm the sky's opened and down came the rain, it was pretty heavy but the hennessey hammock stood up pretty well! I have a snugpack underblanket which did get damp with the driving rain but i stayed warm inside. The next day it was a quick packup as my mates tent had leaked in the early hours and left him pretty damp and fed up!!! Lol .

That was about it, I find that even a night out in the woods lifts the spirits and helps you through the working week until the next visit!!
Hope this little write up is ok, as i have never really reported on my outings before, and i hope you all enjoy the pics!!!
All the best!
simon 1

brilliant, many thanks Simon1. I know they say a picture paints a thousand words, but I'm always interested to hear your experiences as well as see them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE