First outing, wyre Forrest Kidderminster.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bear mears

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2017
Wolverhampton
Hey guys had a great day and night yesterday did a wild camp in wyre Forrest. Took my bro with me for my first time in case I needed help with the setting up etc. Got a lovely little fire going and spent the night looking up at the stars.

Didn't manage to get much sleep as the blow up mattresses took too long to blow up so got our head down on the floor. We was find up until about 1 am then it got a little chilly and it wasn't comfortable at all lol I know to take a pump next time.

We pitched up next to a spot where they arw cutting down all the trees so if we did get caught I doubt they would of said much anyway but it was a great night all in all apart from the solid uphill walk all the way back to the entrance this morning.

I AM SHATTERD! LOL cheers.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Congratulations you made it back alive :lmao:
and I know your pain for the wife needs/insists on an airbed when she comes exploring. Half tempted to get a CO2 cartridge tyre inflater from Halfords lol

Bear mears

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2017
Wolverhampton
Lol well i will have to sort something cuz i didnt sleep much, we saw a baby deer drinking from a brook that was pretty special tbh until he spotted us and hopped off up the hill also woke up to a frog hopping past the tent lol.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Alas there's no easy answer it's always a trade-off between luxury and lugging it about.

Camp Cot
3.00Kg
Single Airbed
1.50 to 2Kg
Self inflating mat
1.2Kg
Millets Multimat
850g
Closed cell foam pad (thick)
420g
Thermarest Neo Xlite inflatable pad
350g
Closed cell foam pad (thin+foil back)
200g
Cheap Jungle/summer survival hammock
175g

Bear mears

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2017
Wolverhampton
Alas there's no easy answer it's always a trade-off between luxury and lugging it about.

Camp Cot
3.00Kg
Single Airbed
1.50 to 2Kg
Self inflating mat
1.2Kg
Millets Multimat
850g
Closed cell foam pad (thick)
420g
Thermarest Neo Xlite inflatable pad
350g
Closed cell foam pad (thin+foil back)
200g
Cheap Jungle/summer survival hammock
175g

i have looked at those self inflating mattresses whats your opinion on them? they are not cheap lol

Bear mears

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2017
Wolverhampton
few pics, had to work with what we had, we had a mutual agreement as we had been walking around all day and every bit of forrest had bugs absolutely everywhere i knew it would be the biggest issue. i cant stand the idea of bugs all over me and my bro is even worse so we pitched up in a bit of open land for our first try. we had about 50 foot all around and was surrounded by forrest.

28rnqx3.jpg

took us absolutely ages to get this badboy going and i now commend anybody that can do this in wet weather with nothing more than a fire rod. this was hard with a lighter lol.

afdclv.jpg

and ahhh the end result, few bacon sandwiches went down lovely after walking since midday we finally got to eat at around 7:30, we did save some for the moprning but when we woke up their was somebody in the woods right next to us and from the sound im guessing he was spraying trees to be cut down so we packed up sharpish and got out of their. the plan was to stay tonight too but because i had hardly slept i felt totally drained. great experience and will be off to our next destination next week.

ak8l1y.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE