First one of the season

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Had a call to help some pals out beating for the first shoot of the season. It was a cracking day for it.

Looking over to the cover for the 2nd drive.

Untitled-4.jpg

Great view of the mist in the valley looking down to the coast. I love the rolling hills of Dorset.

201020121325.jpg

Flag and beating stick.

201020121328.jpg

I enjoyed this drive through the cover crop. Nice slow, steady line, inching along with a not too loud 'clap clap' of the hands.

201020121329.jpg

Some more rolling hills.

201020121327.jpg

Back to the pub and somebody had their donkeys out for a walk and a munch of the beer garden and a bowl of guiness.

201020121332.jpg

A couple brace to take home.

211020121334.jpg

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Brilliant! though I must say, if you don't maintain a clean and dust free boiler you may be unable to spot and issues in the future, and this is a better future, a dust free future, BOILERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! shake of the dust of your oppressors! be all that you can be! lovely birds there Paul,

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
i'd get right on it but i'm clean out of orange baler twine :p

Cable ties man! We're at the forefront of modern technology now, everything is held together with cable ties.

Brilliant! though I must say, if you don't maintain a clean and dust free boiler you may be unable to spot and issues in the future, and this is a better future, a dust free future, BOILERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! shake of the dust of your oppressors! be all that you can be! lovely birds there Paul,

I ought to fire the old girl up and see if she still works. Not been in use for ages.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Cable ties man! We're at the forefront of modern technology now, everything is held together with cable ties.....

i don't know, you southerners and your posh ways, baler twine was good enough for my father, and my father's father, and his father before him. cable ties, pah! :lmao:

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
Looks like a good day mate

And as a bonus it looks like you wont have to go terrorise the local Glastonbury kebab shop for yer food as you now seam to be well stocked

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
It does look like a decent place for a shot!, as above our first pheasant day is this Saturday and I'm truly looking forward to it, seems like an age since last season!! I have been looking out last years recipe book for pheasant!

Hey Bowlander, I did wonder where Bowland was when i read your last post about yir wellies rotting, last week I pulled off the M6 enroute to Birmingham to break up the trip with a visit to Malmo Guns, and there was a sign for Bowland! Small world aye, and Malmo Guns is some outfit!!

Last edited:

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Looks like a good day was had. I have a feeling I used to beat on that shoot, albeit briefly. Where was is exactly bushwhacker? I'm talking about 8-9 years ago now.

All the best

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE