First night camping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Out with my wee 2 year old boy Ross, for his first nights camping in the back garden, so far so good, half an hour gone and hes still smiling. To be honest im probably more excited than he is.

If all goes well and the weathers good, im planning his first outing in my canoe this weekend, cant wait, then a complete paddle,camp.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Best of times Colin :D
I couldn't keep mine indoors all Summer long once they were allowed to sleep out :cool:

Only two things disturbed them, cats and hedgehogs :rolleyes:
An old ammo box makes a great stash for their midnight munchies :)

cheers,
Mary

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
fantastic, thats what my 5 year old has been asking all day, dad can we please go camping the week end, the best memories, and a great time to bond, i never did much of this with my dad, my dad and his mates, thought going down the pub on a sunday was a great day out, full of lovely smoky air and that fesh smell of stale beer, i don't knock him, as that what he was brought up to enjoy, and i like the best of them love a pint, but if i have the choice to take my son to the pub, or take him for a walk in the hills or woods, and open his mind, and show him there is more to life than his computer, i no which place wins every time, and the look on his face when we start a little fire to make a brew, is worth every minute.
enjoy your time mate.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Back in the house now, everything went brilliant last night, he had a good time and slept right through the night from 9pm to 6.30 this morning, just a pity i had to get him up as i had work today, but overall a successful first nights camping and the smile never left his wee face till he went to sleep, he just saw it as a great adventure. Now to get him in the canoe for his first paddle, his life jacket came last week, so if weather is nice, this will be his next adventure and all at the age of 2 years old.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
nice one Dude, we're taking our young one camping in July when she'll be 10 months. admittedly it'll be in one of the katas at Comrie Croft but I think that counts. :)

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Well done Colin, bet you and the wee man had a good time. Time flies in pal enjoy it, cos it won,t be long till he wants a lone of your landy.

phil

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Fantastic! Wife and I took our daughter camping last summer- she was about 10 months! We are planning a wee camping trip to the Borders next week and wife is about 8 months pregnant.... Her choice mind.

Definitely start them off young, and the garden I a great place to start!

ATB

KP

raspberryjam

May 15, 2011
scotland
Nice one, mine have been out with me since birth...I'm forever flapping about them not being warm enough but they always love it and have never complained once.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE