First hazel bow (in progress!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Congratulations and nice work!
That is a damn sight better than my first bow. There is the odd little stiff bit but i would slap a name on it and call it a bow ;)
Is the left limb the lower limb?

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
That is a nice bow! I'm no expert but it looks like a long bow tiller :). If you dare you could make the tips more narrow to increase arrow speed.

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Cheers for ur kind words guys :)
Dwardo what do you mean by "lower limb", i didnt realise that there should be a lower and upper limb! Please explain!!!!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
The left limb looks a little bit stiffer so i would use that for the lower limb. Does the bow feel like it bends a little in the handle? Hard to tell from the picture. I like to have the lower limb a little stiffer than the top, only just. Also is the center of the bow in the center of the handle? or is it asymetrical?

This is all just tuning stuff and i would leave that for later bows, so far you have a working bow so its job done! Well done again

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
That's a great first bow mate. You did really well. I wouldn't worry at all about the power. Buy a single loop dacron string ( a decent string will improve your bows cast, paracord is too stretchy) and make a leather handle, that's a keeper.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE