first fish of the year

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
the first one fell to a bibio, then i realised they were feeding on buzzers a quick change led to some ferocious takes but after being snapped twice and lost 2 i took a new approach. I put on a damsel nymph and fished it fast about a foot deep this leaded to 3 more being hooked in quick succession. Saw a hawthorn fly land on the water and it was quickly taken tried a mimic dry fly to no avail in the end i was hoping for one on the dry fly before i went, still it was magic to be back out fishing and a good little 4 hour session.

Cledan99

Apr 24, 2010
mid wales
Nice one, m8 only thing is, how come you've not cast a line until now this year?

I went out on friday, after two previous attempts were fruitless...and bagged up (6 fish!) in just over two hours, so home early and slammed one on the Barbie:)

Last edited:

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
only been local (we dont get macky on the wirral from the shore) should be heading for a session in anglesey soon once the wrasse and pollack are about in good numbers i am sure the macky will be out soon too going to get a light spinning rod this year for a bit of fun

Cledan99

Apr 24, 2010
mid wales
I'm on the final countdown now to my boat trip...off Bardsey Island hopefully mackeral pollack and tope, but always get other stuff as well...Gurnard I hope

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE