first fire by girlfriend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 4, 2009
Asheboro NC USA
Today was quite possibly the best date i have had so far, i taught my girlfriend to start a fire with a firesteel. this was quite a feat as she had never done anything remotely like this before. I would like to know if you all know anything else to help ease her into the bushcraft scene?

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I've heard of fire by friction, but never fire by girlfriend - doesn't that take some serious rubbing?

(fnarr fnarr, off to wash mind out with carbolic soap)

;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hi Squirrelhunter,

Great work on getting the girlfriend to light her first bushfire. Now she can do that how about showing her some simple fire cooking? Damper bread is always a good moral booster and it's a nice treat to share over that little bottle of wine you romantically have cooling in the brook;)

Have fun,
Goatboy.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
How about booking her a weekends private tuition with Bear Grylls, Swmbo has said that would be the way to get her into it more......!!!

I wonder why!!

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
SH
Good for you mate :D
I took my girlfriend into the woods on our second date and I showed her how to make a spoon :eek:
It must have worked because she's now my wife :D

craven

Forager
Jan 13, 2008
devon
before we got trogether my girlfriend attempted to atract my attention by coming on a sponsored walk that i organised, it was 120miles accross dartore and exmore over six days, she had never been camping before! needless to say humping a 30kg backpack over thoes sorts of distances she had to pull out on day three, but never the less, i was impressed! bless her!! unfortunatly i've not been able to get her in the woods after that!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE