First Canoe Pack

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
That's a great looking pack. How have you tackled the back/carrying system? What support, if any, is there? Have you used a different fabric in the back and underside of the shoulder straps?

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
The shoulder strap and hipbelt attachments are reinforced inside with more of the same fabric. There isn't any support at the moment, but I think it's going to need some - I will probably try a couple or three alu or grp battens to begin with.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Hmmm, don't know yet. This one's going to get a bit of a workout to see what needs sorting. I'll have a better idea then.

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Great looking pack Ian. If you start producing these I may have to come and see you when I visit family as they're close by in Holmfirth.
The design of your pack looks very similar to the Granite Gear packs which are very good IMO. Was this your intention?

I may also be looking for some packs shaped to fit where you would normal fit air bags/blocks for longer trips. Ideally they would be drybag material with a cordura covering but I appreciate this would be quite a bit more complicated.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE