First camp of 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I read the write-up on my 'phone and it was great but couldn't see the photos - glad I looked again on here - stunning shots

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I didn't have the best nights sleep, mainly due to my sleeping mat slipping out from under me a couple of times ...

I found silicone stripes painted inside my bivvy helped avoid the slide Matt, just made some up myself and painted on half a dozen or so stripes.

It sounds like you're happy with the JB Sol then?

PS
How do I subscribe to your blog, it's a different format to the usual blogspot sites I visit. I get options for Google Reader and RSS?

Last edited:

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Wow! Many thanks for all the comments and kind words regarding the photo's it means a lot to me, it really was an amazing couple of days weather wise, It made a nice change from the usual cloud/rain I encounter when I head out!

...Aaron Slack, never again :)

Agreed!

...i've been privileged to see a few. night time fog illuminated from below is fantastic. especially with car headlights moving through the fog like bioluminescent sea creatures

I felt a bit of a fool for not having a tripod with me!

I found silicone stripes painted inside my bivvy helped avoid the slide Matt, just made some up myself and painted on half a dozen or so stripes

Do you have any pics? I added some silicone bumps to my thermarest after the first time I had the problem but it doesn't seem to have helped very much. Plus I put a couple of strips in the bathtub floor when I made it, I think it's the silnylon floor of the bivy against the silnylon bathtub floor that's the problem, uber slippery!

It sounds like you're happy with the JB Sol then?

Yeah very pleased! It's amazing how fast it is to be honest, and like you said it was great to lean over in the morning and fire it up from bed, something i'm wary of doing with my meths setup. If the stated 12L from one canister is correct then it's amazing fuel wise too, especially for longer trips. Dread to think how much meths I'd need to carry to bring 12L to the boil!

PS How do I subscribe to your blog, it's a different format to the usual blogspot sites I visit. I get options for Google Reader and RSS?

Leave it with me as i'm not sure to be honest, it's still all new to me and I haven't had much of a chance to play around with it as yet, hoping to get it looking a bit better this month if I can find a bit of time to sit down and figure everything out. I'll give you a shout when i've had chance to update it a little.

I'm still going through the photo's :)

IMG_4165-Edit_zpse34e6037.jpg

Thanks again,

Matt

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Really enjoyed that report, and as others have said, really lovely pics. Hope I'm as lucky next weekend in the Cairngorms!!!

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I'm borrowing my aunts' friends one for the TGO Challenge in May- they bought it after I mentioned it when they were looking for a light shelter for a
month in Patagonia and Bolivia. I'm actually really hoping they dont want it after that so I can buy it off them!!!

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Well, given we're doing almost exactly the same route, not sure there is much point!

I will throw something nearer the time though!

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
...PS How do I subscribe to your blog, it's a different format to the usual blogspot sites I visit. I get options for Google Reader and RSS?

I still haven't had chance to have a proper play with the blog but i've now added an email subscription thingy-ma-bob in with the RSS and Google options

Well, given we're doing almost exactly the same route, not sure there is much point!

I will throw something nearer the time though!

I look forward to it! Hoping to do the challenge myself in the next 2 years

"Outstanding" pic's - looks like a wonderful overnighter :)

Many thanks, It was a brilliant couple of days. Itching to get out again!

Matt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE