first bushcraft knife build, timber wolf or enzo trapper 01?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 17, 2012
northants
Hi folks

i'm looking at building my first bushy knife, scales and shealth and so on, and i'd apreciate some advice please.

i've looked at the enzo trapper which gets good reviews and is well known as a great knife, but i've just seen the timber wolf is available as a blank and also seems to review well.

I really want to build my first knife to give it a personal touch.

my question is which would you folks recomend? as i'm now some what torn:confused:

many thanks

Dave

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Why not go one step further and buy a blank bade of your choosing off one of the many makers on here and get the other bits for the handle,wood, liners etc.
Be even morw personal and probably cheaper.
Cheers

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
A blank from Dorsetwoodlandblades (fgyt) of this parish, scales from pikebite from this parish and you will have a knife to be proud off mate.
as for the sheath, well you could contact a sheath maker, or you could bu a bit of scrap from eBay and if you need any advice on making it please don't hesitate to ask.
take care.
lee.

Apr 17, 2012
northants
thanks for the replies guys, that sounds like a great idea and not one i'd considered, i'll definatley look into the blade blank.

wood for the scales, and the sheath is not a problem as my brothers a wood turner and does some leather work as well.

at the moment i'm either thinking lignum vitae, puple heart, or yew all of which i have in my off cuts box that i keep for carving. i'm leaning towards the lignum vitae its from a piece reclaimed from a beach groin.

cheers Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE