first bluebells of the year??

yomperalex

Nomad
Jan 22, 2011
Reading
I was out for a stroll in the woods yesterday and saw my first bluebells - about a dozen.

It is going to be ablaze in a couple of weeks.

I love that cross over period of primroses, anenomes and bluebells.

Alex

E

ex member coconino

Yep, the Berkshire wood I was working in at the weekend was full of primroses and a few bluebells were coming out. I couldn't avoid trampling some, I'm sorry to say.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
We planted a lot in the wooded area of our garden last year. Delighted to see them come up...along with ramsoms we planted....and snakes head fritillaries that are a picture right now :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nothing to exiting yet to show. This area was a rubbish dump full of builders waste, rotting carpet and weeds. Took a JCB to clear it!

Shady Meadow by British Red, on Flickr

The green haze you can see is a wildflower and shady grass mix I have sown.

Here are a few of the early bulbs

Snakes Head Fritillary by British Red, on Flickr

Bluebells by British Red, on Flickr

Mini Narcissi by British Red, on Flickr

And my chainsaw work making nice flat areas to sit a cup of coffee on an old (dead) pear tree we felled

Log Bench by British Red, on Flickr

Its nothing much to look at yet...but compared to a 5' pile of rubble and rubbish its getting there - a year to fill out will make all the difference.

I'm making a "dead wood" pile behind for the beetles and invertebrates - there are bird boxes (including owl boxes - we have a hunting group of little owls and barnies and tawnies in the garden - but possibly only one possible nest so far). Bat boxes are the next thing to go in.

Very much a work in progress :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE