First attempt at a sheath

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Well guys this as stated in the title ,My first sheath.
I've never made anything like this before but needed one for my mora so I had a go.Ive got no leather and can't afford any at the moment ,so I made do with some 4mm industrial Lino and doubled it up and hand stitched it.
It works a treat not great looking as most others on here in leather ,but hey ho you gotta start somewhere.
So what do you all think ?????

D9DB0FCD-6BFD-4569-9BD1-59B8B3613F24-149-00000008F3350BDD.jpg

FF42EB82-273C-4943-AE77-F13928A8E672-149-00000008EA9B3425.jpg

The mora in the pics is the military survival version ,which has a bigger handle and blade than a standard mora clippers.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Damn site better than my first attempt, I didn't have the minerals to post it up. I say good job sir!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
You've done a neat tidy job and as you said the knife is safe. goodjob

cheers colin but ithink i've a very long way to go before i even try working with leather .But at least the blade is safe

You'd be surprised with yourself. Working lino is probably a lot harder that leather.

What did you use for thread?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
You'll be surprised at how much of your "very long way to go" you've already achieved by making this; there's nothing crap about it, man, and you're gonna be pleasantly surprised at how much better and easier it is to work with leather.................Industrial lino must have been hell to work with..........Well done, I say!.......................atb mac

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nice end result that Trev. Anything that anyone makes should be thought of as gaining experience whether from leather or lino, the techniques and methods are basically the same. So I give that work two thumbs up. Well done!

I'll hush my mouth about suggesting a leg strap shall I? Ooops too late :lmao:

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Like Steve said, working lino like that is way harder than working leather. At least when leather is wet formed around your knife/axe, it stays put. Don't hold back, have a go.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
thanks all for the great comments.
BIKER no leg straps bud this is my backup pocket carry in the woods i use my main bg ultimate survival
MESQUITE, the thread was in MRS tat2 sewing box was thick strong stuff so grabbed it and cracked on ,i have no clue what it was.
MAC, All i'm going to say is DO NOT WORK WITH LINO EVER.But having said that it was all i had lying around tomakethe bladesafe to carry in my tac vest in the woods

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Classic case of thinking outside the box and making it happen... It's a good functional sheath and was made with what you can get your hands on... Excellent work my friend !! :D

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Classic case of thinking outside the box and making it happen... It's a good functional sheath and was made with what you can get your hands on... Excellent work my friend !! :D

Cheeers dave i try to do my best mate ,i'll have a go at anything my mora needed a safe place to live so this is what i ended up with.As you said it works but watch this space i think i might have a crack at making one in leather

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE