First Aid Kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pothunter

Settler
Jun 6, 2006
Wyre Forest Worcestershire
Having little use for the contents of the first aid kit I give it little thought other than knowing its there in case of emergency, however last week when I needed a plaster and some Imodium, not related incidents. I found that the plasters would not stick and the drug was out of date, I will now list contents of first aid kit and EXPIRY DATES of medicines and adhesive items and attach the list to outside of first aid kit.

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
[I'm not a Doctor, so can't give medical advice]

I had let's just say a severe tummy bug a while ago and I tried immodium but it did nothing at all for me. When I visited the Doctor, I was told that the best thing was to just let everything out as all immodium does is bung everything up, keep all the bugs that are causing the problems in, and make recovery take longer. Turns out I had a Campylobacter infection.

fred gordon

Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
As a First Aider and ex Mountain Rescue Team member I always carry a fairly comprehensive First Aid kit. Unlike many other things we carry around not having one when you really need it can be literally a matter of life or death. It is true that there are lots of things we can improvise in the field, dressings, splints etc. However, if it was your child/friend lying there would you not wish you had brought along a proper, up to date, First Aid kit? :eek:

Rain man

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2006
London
Hi, Was interested in Mr Gordons opinions on a decent list of "ingredients" for a small field pack? I always carry an old Boots FAK about the size of um... 5"/3.5"/2.5" approx (sorry not with me at present) with various bits added and taken away but not sure of the usefulness of any of it. Any wisdom by anyone always appreciated. :notworthy

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
PJMCBear said:
I've never had to use mine on myself, I used it on others, twice at last years summer moot.
It is worth bearing in mind that you should ALWAYS ask permission of the injured person if they want treating! Sounds stupid but you can be sued for putting on a plaster and trapping in an infection.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE