firesteel holder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Sorry Matt, I don't have any pictures but they are normally sewn in as part of the sheath at the making stage. You could unpick the stitching of your sheath and sew in a loop of leather of the size to suit your firesteel.

ATB

Ogri the trog

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
...but what happens when your firesteel starts being used up and thinned down by repeated fire making and it doesn't fit snugly to the sheath anymore? (Just to play Devil's Advocate)

Adam

singteck

Settler
Oct 15, 2005
Malaysia
www.flickr.com
Loop the lanyard around like this and you will never lose the firesteel.

239219596_a45b6caf87.jpg

singteck

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
addyb said:
...but what happens when your firesteel starts being used up and thinned down by repeated fire making and it doesn't fit snugly to the sheath anymore? (Just to play Devil's Advocate)

Adam

Adam,
Have a look at a post made by Rapidboy:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showpost.php?p=177041&postcount=25

Matt,
Have a look at this thread:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=7448&highlight=sheath+bambodoggy

Pictures are gone (though it's still a good tutorial), I saved a few pictures at that time for personal use (in case I wanted to make myself a sheath):

squiderssheath1.jpg

Sheath and picture made by Squidders (Joe) for Bamdodoggy.

Hope this helps :)

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
addyb said:

Adam

Or just make sure you leave a cm or two of the fire steel unused a the top so it still grips.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Thanks, guys. Sorry, it was a bit of a dumb question. :D

Oh, and did I mention I'm insanely jealous of your leather sheaths? I've still got the stupid plastic sheath that came with my Mora knife, and I don't know where I find leather so I could make my own. (Not that I'd trust myself making one anyway) Also, do any of you know if the plastic Mora sheaths are dishwasher safe?

Adam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE