Fireside grub.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
For me it would be a nice cuppa tea with a slice or two of bread pudding... :yumyum:

A close second would be a big bag of chocolate covered peanuts again with the mug of tea to wash it down nicely :wink:

simonsays

Forager
Sep 9, 2004
sunderland
Tekeeler said:
Ok so there you are it is night time and you are gathered round a lovely blaze after a hard day's bushcraft, talking merily with all your comrades about all things bushcrafty. There aren't words to describe this bit of the day, I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Anyway, I digress, what is your favourite fireside grub for this time in the evening?

There is nothing like watching the expression on someones face who has just tried 'biscuits brown' or 'biscuits fruit' (From army ration packs) for the first time. I only ever carry them to inflict on the uninitiated :eek:):

simon

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Lol....I've forced down the fruit when I'm really hungry a few times but during 6 years in the cadets and almost five in the TA I've never yet eaten a brown one!!!! lol

Does anyone know if the "AB" in 'biscuits brown AB" actually stands for "anal blockage" as the rumour goes? lol

B

Bob Hurley

Jerky (plain dried meat with no salt or seasoning), dried honeydew melon, parched corn (although the last sticks between your teeth). Nice chew of strong twist tobacco to finish.

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
What's with all this 'proper' food?! What you want to do is get a mars bar, put it on a stick, and heat it slowly over the fire until it's practically just a glob of sticky sweet goodness on the end of the branch.... then whack it into a folded slice of bread. If you get it right then it's heavenly.

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
A good old slab of home made laced with a bit of spirit (fruit cake )without the marzi or iceing maybe a bit of cheese. and in moderaiton a very little bit of home made sloe gin.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I like a nice cup of mulled cider and to toast a block of hard mature cheddar on a stick till it goes soft with a smoky crisp shell, then eat it right off the stick! :super:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE