Fireside grub.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
T

Tekeeler

Ok so there you are it is night time and you are gathered round a lovely blaze after a hard day's bushcraft, talking merily with all your comrades about all things bushcrafty. There aren't words to describe this bit of the day, I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Anyway, I digress, what is your favourite fireside grub for this time in the evening?

My preference is GORP, the food of the bushcraft Gods. For those who don't know GORP stands for good old raisins and peanuts. Get a great big re-sealable bag and dump about a kilo of mixed nuts and raisins in it. Add m&ms of all varietys plus any other odd bits you want and shake. Bliss.

:eek:): :eek:): :eek:):

jakunen

Native
Mine used to be Sainsburys trail mix. Until they deciede that although it ALWAYS sold out it wasn't worth keeping as a stock product.:?:

It had apricots, cranberries, brazil nuts, hazelnuts, and lots of other healthy, nutritious, scrumy stuff:yumyum:

Need to find something new now...:cry:

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Forget the squirel food as far as I am concerned. If there is a nice fire and it's night time then it has to be captured meat for me. It doesn't matter whether it's rabbit, venison, fish, or a whole sheep, but you can't beat meat.
On a really bad day I'd eat a baked spud.

T

Tekeeler

jakunen said:
Mine used to be Sainsburys trail mix. Until they deciede that although it ALWAYS sold out it wasn't worth keeping as a stock product.:?:

Sounds like another great Sainsburys plan Jak. I have the dubious honour of working for someone who works for them. Bless them tho. Tee hee. Think they blew on the embers of my yearning for getting back to the woods. :cry:

T

Tekeeler

beachlover said:
It doesn't matter whether it's rabbit, venison, fish, or a whole sheep, but you can't beat meat.

Some times you have to. Especially if there no one nearby. :)

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
<winces at implications of previous post>
I tried a mix of plain/ yog coated nuts & raisins, with a healthy dose of dried banana for good measure. Seemed to work quite well. If I could find cheap dried cranberrys I'd put them in as well, for their tartness.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE