Firefox / Mac

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
I'm running Firefox 1.5.0.3 (i.e. the latest) on the latest and greatest OS X with updates etc on a G4 iBook. When opening threads in new tabs, Firefox will often just hang for a few seconds before doing anything. It doesn't crash as such, but the spinning beachball does make a regular occurance.

Chances are it's one of those things and unique to my particular setup. But before I go testing all my extensions and whatnots, I just wondered whether anyone else has experienced this.

No problems on Safari, and no problems using Firefox when on my Windows PC.

Cheers,

Mark

p.s. Happens with BCUK and BB, but haven't noticed it anywhere else. Perhaps a vBulletin thing?

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
mark a. said:
I'm running Firefox 1.5.0.3 (i.e. the latest) on the latest and greatest OS X (PowermacG4 Dual 1GHz MDD) with updates etc on a G4 iBook. When opening threads in new tabs, Firefox will often just hang for a few seconds before doing anything. It doesn't crash as such, but the spinning beachball does make a regular occurance.

Chances are it's one of those things and unique to my particular setup. But before I go testing all my extensions and whatnots, I just wondered whether anyone else has experienced this.

No problems on Safari, and no problems using Firefox when on my Windows PC.

Cheers,

Mark

p.s. Happens with BCUK and BB, but haven't noticed it anywhere else. Perhaps a vBulletin thing?

I just tried it with Mac OS X 10.4.6. and Firefox 1.5.0.1 release and threads open fine in new tab, at least on BCUK and BB. I will download 1.5.0.3 and try that too.

Might want to delete cache, delete .ini or try a reinstall?

good luck

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
Thanks chaps. Seems that it's definitely me after all. I'll try fiddling with extensions and maybe do some reinstalls.

Cheers again for trying.

Mark

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
mark a. said:
... the spinning beachball does make a regular occurance.

Not seen one of those since the Commodore Amiga...

Here, it's Firefox 1.0.8 on Ubuntu 5.10. No probs, apart from occasionally seeing that the window isn't refreshed if I move it partly out of the screen, and back again while loading a page.

K.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE