Firebulding practice in inclement weather

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Also some fire steels throw sparks , others throw globs. When dealing with natural tinders globs work better.

I agree and my one throws globs and I love it I can use it so well compared to the others unfortunately I have bought others thinking they are all the same and nothing beat my first one which was a glob thrower and all the others are just rubbish I have. So where do I find more of these Glob throwers? And do they have an official name?
 
The mora brand ones are pretty good at throwing visible globs. As for the OP, great report. I always carry firelighters as an 'when all else has failed' back up. Because some days all you want is a blaze in front of you and a brew on, not an audition for Dual Survival. I'm not to proud to admit it either.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE