Fireball over East Anglia last night

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Whilst out last night, I saw a fireball between 9.30 and 10. I've seen one before but not this size. I was looking ahead but it caught the corner of my eye being so bright.

Very bright with a large trail behind, estimated at an eighth to quarter the brightness of a full moon. I could see the flames easily, lasted for 6 or 7 seconds before fizzling out with no explosion. It looked like it entered over Cambridgeshire with any fragment falling on Norfolk or the North sea.

Nowhere near as big as the russian fireball last year but very impressive. :cool:

Did anyone else catch a glimpse?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Im in Yorkshire, and it must have been around that time. Was on the drive. I caught sight of what I thought was a very bright shooting star?

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Im in Yorkshire, and it must have been around that time. Was on the drive. I caught sight of what I thought was a very bright shooting star?

Sounds like it could be the same one Dave, by far the brightest I've seen. I was actually trying to focus on a baddger playing around in field, the brightness made me look up.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Was it a fireball ?

iwanttobelieveel4.jpg

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Sounds like it could be the same one Dave, by far the brightest I've seen. I was actually trying to focus on a baddger playing around in field, the brightness made me look up.

Id taken the dog onto the back lawn to do an unmentionable, and was back at the gate, when i caught sight of something really quickly from the top corner of my eye. By the time I looked up it was gone, It was so fast, and for a moment i questioned myself. Something of a *** moment, followed by Naaaa. But then seeing this post jogged my memory. It appeared just like a fireball. Big bright ball, with very long bright tail.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE