Fire steel?

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Cheers for that!!!
Anyone want to sell me some charcloth?

Go to aldi buy a tin of travel sweets, eat sweets whilst you are at aldi buy some cotton dish cloths, fold them up until they fit in the empty sweet tin, make a small hole in the lid of the tin. chuck on fire and cook (until the smoke and flames stop coming out of the hole). block hole with stick and bake for a bit longer. Take off fire and allow to cool. Result sweets and a char cloth for less than cost of the postage to buy some.
there are lots of guides with pictures on this site.

My way with pictures

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk
I was being lazy. I guess i really should make my own!
I just read your tutorial about it, i'll make some then :)

I've never made fire using a traditional firesteel, its bugging me now so i'll have to crack it.

Andy >>>>>-------------------------------------<>

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
You won't go wrong with Johns Dragons breath,Ive seen them working and recommend them.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
My flint and steel fire lighting kits (dragons Breath) are on the Makers Market - for £7incP&P you get flint, steel, birch polypore fungus and char cloth all in one of my Welsh Bushcrafters leather Pouches.
Instructions for use are included on the thread as is a picture of a sample set.

spiritofold

Banned
May 7, 2004
Winchester
www.spiritofold.co.uk
John, i received the firesteel set today, cheers!

I'll give it a proper try at the weekend when i take the tribe into the woods. I gave the steel a quick go against the flint and it sparked really well. Im going to have fun with this!!! :)

I'll get some pix taken to show it off.

Andy >>>>>-----------------------------------<>

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE