Fire fron Coke & Toblerone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
I tried it, but cheated and used Brasso. The sun wasn't quite bright enough, I'm going to try again.

Wear sunglasses when you try. :cool: green blobs!!

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Excellent link Great pebble. i am definitely off to try that out.
And by the time I've finished polishing we may even have some sun for ignition!

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I tried this last year, but I too cheated and used metal polish. :rolleyes: It does work. I used a fragment of crampball on a sliver of wood. Not really practical, but a lot of fun and certainly a good bit of lateral thinking.

maverick

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Brilliant!!! I tried it today works great I also used a cramp ball but held it in my hand no need for fiddly slithers of wood ;)

the polishing took me about an hour and half and when I built up a thirst I just drank the contents. Then looking at this empty can I thought hang on why use the can just to start the fire use the can to heat up your water so of I went gathered some nettles and made a nice cup of tea and drank it straight from the can :D

I cannot think of any peace of kit that can light a fire contain water for heating and be used as a utensil to drink out of. So once again Brilliant!!!

Mutley

Forager
May 6, 2005
Very good! I was expecting fire from Coke that used to be used in Stoves and stuff.

Has anyone else got this to work?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE