Fire fron Coke & Toblerone?

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
I tried it, but cheated and used Brasso. The sun wasn't quite bright enough, I'm going to try again.

Wear sunglasses when you try. :cool: green blobs!!

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Excellent link Great pebble. i am definitely off to try that out.
And by the time I've finished polishing we may even have some sun for ignition!

C_Claycomb

Mod
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I tried this last year, but I too cheated and used metal polish. :rolleyes: It does work. I used a fragment of crampball on a sliver of wood. Not really practical, but a lot of fun and certainly a good bit of lateral thinking.

maverick

Tenderfoot
Nov 25, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Brilliant!!! I tried it today works great I also used a cramp ball but held it in my hand no need for fiddly slithers of wood ;)

the polishing took me about an hour and half and when I built up a thirst I just drank the contents. Then looking at this empty can I thought hang on why use the can just to start the fire use the can to heat up your water so of I went gathered some nettles and made a nice cup of tea and drank it straight from the can :D

I cannot think of any peace of kit that can light a fire contain water for heating and be used as a utensil to drink out of. So once again Brilliant!!!

Mutley

May 6, 2005
Very good! I was expecting fire from Coke that used to be used in Stoves and stuff.

Has anyone else got this to work?

R-Bowskill

Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
This was working a treat down my local on Saturday afternoon, I was using it to light my fags while sat outside with a pint.

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.