Finally!

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
After a good few months of red tape bureaucracy I can tonight call myself a volunteer ranger responsible for aiding the full time countryside officers keep an eye on and help maintain my local woodlands and country parks.

It's been a long process from registering my initial interest last year but today I got the sign off and issued my kit (jumper and boots at this point)

The plus side is that the more I do and the more activities I undertake the more volunteer points I get allowing me to earn further kit and undertake free training courtesy of my local authority.

Here's a picture of me in my newly acquired ranger jumper with local authority logo

3y5yqa8y.jpg

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well done Danny, you must be chuffed to have got through the hurdles and getting to do something you love. Great to see folk putting something back, happy for you. Cheers GB.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Nice one! You can use that to the max to gain skills and equipment and have a good time all at the same time.

I do my volunteering through the Wildlife Trust and Woodland trust. They are really supportive of their volunteers, and I get to claim expenses for going out camping!

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
Nice one! You can use that to the max to gain skills and equipment and have a good time all at the same time.

I do my volunteering through the Wildlife Trust and Woodland trust. They are really supportive of their volunteers, and I get to claim expenses for going out camping!

Yeah we get to claim expenses for mileage etc when travelling to do tasks and activities. They are also putting together a team of volunteer rangers to help monitor ash diebeck in the local woodland which intrigues me too. My main thing though is being able to give back to the areas I use to play in and explore is a child and to help maintain them for my children to use.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Yeah we get to claim expenses for mileage etc when travelling to do tasks and activities. They are also putting together a team of volunteer rangers to help monitor ash diebeck in the local woodland which intrigues me too. My main thing though is being able to give back to the areas I use to play in and explore is a child and to help maintain them for my children to use.

Exactly. That's why we do this. I just spent the weekend engaging kids for both organisations. Today I'm shattered, but it was great fun and so rewarding. Best of luck mate.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Great stuff.... I've been a Ranger / Park Warden for a good few years and I love the job..... Except when they try and bring politics in, then I go deaf !! :D Congrats on the post !!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE