New to the forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marko96

Oct 8, 2022
Peterhead
Hi my name is Mark, i live in the North East Of Scotland in Peterhead, do a bit of volunteer work in our local community woodland where i also do some camping in an old Dutch Army tent and have recently got into Hammock camping(3 bought so far), me and and a few friends like to get the fire on and cook some food have a drink and enjoy the woods.
We are trying to develop the woods to increase the sparse wild life and to encourage more participation from the local community we get visits from the local pre school and primary school children who love to play and explore in the woods.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum :)

Increasing biodiversity in woodland is a fragile process; some interventions that seem like good ideas can lead to loss of species that are already there. We have a habit, in this country, of favouring 'pretty species' when the little creatures that live in damp dark corners are just as important. I advise carrying out a good biodiversity survey before engaging in anything too radical.

Reactions: marko96

marko96

Oct 8, 2022
Peterhead
Hi thanks for the info, that's exactly the route we are taking as we don't want to cause more damage than doing good, we are treading lightly.

Reactions: Broch

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE