Filework Black Canvas Micarta Bushy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 11, 2006
brecon
excelent knife looks exactly like the SWCknives one one includeing the filework ...not you is it lol been trying to contact him for 8 days at this point :(

question ...what is the black stuff in the filework and how do you get it in there its cant be liner ? other than boot polish or black resin i have no clue could use the info before i have a go myself lots of files lying around as a tree surgeon lol

Last edited:

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
I've never been a great fan of file-work, but it just seems right on this beautiful knife!!!
You've done an excellent job, tasteful, elegant, and functional - a true work of craftsmanship.

Well done!!!!

Now, what about a suitable sheath? I'd love to see the finished unit!

Dazcon.

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
excelent knife looks exactly like the SWCknives one one includeing the filework ...not you is it lol been trying to contact him for 8 days at this point :(

question ...what is the black stuff in the filework and how do you get it in there its cant be liner ? other than boot polish or black resin i have no clue could use the info before i have a go myself lots of files lying around as a tree surgeon lol
SWC no its no me fella :)and yes it is resin with black pigment take a look here top man is Geoff he helped me lots with my file work :D;)
http://ukbladesforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=461

Last edited:

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
I've never been a great fan of file-work, but it just seems right on this beautiful knife!!!
You've done an excellent job, tasteful, elegant, and functional - a true work of craftsmanship.

Well done!!!!

Now, what about a suitable sheath? I'd love to see the finished unit!

Dazcon.
Thanks for the kind words buddy the sheath will be like this one ;)

knife015.jpg
[/IMG]

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
thanks for the link very usefull any idea where the pigment comes from or alternatives i can add to epoxy for colour seems a large tin for a small amout each time i may only ever do one lol

Beorn

Oct 27, 2009
Ulm
What a great work! My knees are to week to walk away from my screen.

Why did'nt you proceed the filework over the whole lengh of the blade?

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
What a great work! My knees are to week to walk away from my screen.

Why did'nt you proceed the filework over the whole lengh of the blade?
:)Thanks for the kind words buddy i did not want to push my luck:)this was my first go at doing filework:) mabe when i have done a few more i will go to the end just playing at the moment with different patterns this is one i am working on at the moment :D
00003.jpg
[/IMG]

Jan 11, 2006
brecon
:lmao:nice one dont forget some pics when your done :);)

after speaking to some one on BB forums im not even sure the knife im working on will harden at the moment its my third attempt out of a metalwork file i wont waste my time on it with the filework just incase.
but i now know that O1 tool steel is called ground flat stock and have a supplier close to me so when i get some ill be on it like stink on a skunk ...or words to that affect lol cheers

Last edited:

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
after speaking to some one on BB forums im not even sure the knife im working on will harden at the moment its my third attempt out of a metalwork file i wont waste my time on it with the filework just incase.
but i know know that O1 tool steel is called ground flat stock and have a supplier close to me so when i get some ill be on it like stink on a skunk ...or words to that affect lol cheers
:lmao:good on ya feller i get my 01 from cromwells they seem very good:) looking forward to seeing your first knife ATB buddy phil.;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE