FieldCrafter Uk with some new scales.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hi all,

I have had this nice blank sitting around for a while now and as my elbow is still giving me grief I opted for some lighter work rather than swinging an axe. It must be over seven years since I put a handle on a knife, canne believe I still had a bit of fibre lining in my "bits" collection. The wood was from my neighbour and its lovely stuff. Cocobola? Very oily dense wood that needed very little finishing. Some bits are a little rough but this will be a user.

I remembered a tip from my Granddad when i found that i did not have the correct diameter drills for the pins and tube. Simply sharpen an edge on the pin and use that as the drill bit, will always be the correct size ;) I did the same with the tube except I just filed mini teeth into the end. Cheers Granddad ;).

Just needs a sharpen now and I need to order some leather for various other jobs and a new set of clothes for this.
Talking of which besides leprevo who are we ordering from these days?

The pictures dont do this wood the justice it deserves. The colours are amazing.

IMAG3403_zps07b6dbd4.jpg

IMAG3410_zps8410a87e.jpg

IMAG3409_zpsed7195c2.jpg

IMAG3408_zps38d035b0.jpg

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Nice work there Dwardo and a top tip regarding the drill for the pins and lanyard tube. I'll be remembering that for future reference goodjob

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looks a cracking job, that - I hadn't realised what a meaty tool these are but your pic brings it out well..............................atb mac

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Thanks.
It really is a tank of a knife but no idea what its like to use yet but I am sure its going to do well.

Anyone any idea on a decent leather supplier with a quick turn around?

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Nice job, well done.
How do you find this knife as a user ? do you you like the grind ? Is it flat saber or concave?. Sorry to be a pain.
I've been trying to place an order for one today, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
That looks great, awesome mod there
and indeed pictures never do justice to wood, somehow there is a sort of glow, and essence that will not get caught on camera
Yours sincerely Ruud

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
Beautiful job mate! Bravo..

I wish i had got one of Matts blank blades while he had them.. they soon flew off the shelf! Iv got some buffalo that would look great on it!

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Nice job, well done.
How do you find this knife as a user ? do you you like the grind ? Is it flat saber or concave?. Sorry to be a pain.
I've been trying to place an order for one today, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on one

Matt is a nice bloke to deal with. Grind is a sabre or a very high scandi??
Mine does not have a secondary on it but it was a blank only so dont know if it was supposed to after sharpening? Either way I put it on the stones tonight without a secondary and its hair popping in no time. Have a look on here for Johns review as I have not had time to use it properly yet. I dont like to use a knife until it has a sheath or I end up losing it or a part of a finger.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE