Field mushrooms!

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Walking home from work earlier and i noticed the council have been round with the chain cutters.
several crops of cherry plums, hazelnuts, ripening blackberries and some elderberries are now long gone...
:cussing:

however, as i went by my mushroom spot i spotted these beauties!
at least twice the number that came out last year, i can't wait to go hunting this weekend and see what else is about local.

i'm reckoning these are field mushrooms, i've tested for staining and bruising and everything i've read says these are fieldies, too dark for horse.

i'm going to do them grilled with bacon and cheese on :D
DSC00243.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Actually didn't have em last night as there was some light yellowing on the top so i did a spore print to be sure, lovely black patterning so i'm happy they're defo fieldies, i reckon the slight colouration was a bit of a freak, they don't bruise yellow anyways and they smell great.
defo for tonights tea, in fact i may pick a few more.
shame tho as the slugs had eaten some of the bigger ones but i am suprised by how many are popping up this year, still awaiting the glut of shaggy ink caps they're usually out by now ;)

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Nice one, we've already had a small crop of field mushrooms up here a week or so ago - such a fantastic smell when freshly picked.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Bacon, cheese and a little bit of chilli. they were fantastic!
now i just need to find more, damned filling too!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE