Festival of Wood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
HI All
Something to look forward to:
Festival of Wood

Great day out at Westonbirt Arboretum: Here's the Foresty Commission's blurb:
"Sculptree will take place from the 23rd – 30th August and the Festival of Wood from the 28th – 30th August. Each year the quality of reputation of this festival grows. Over 100 wood-related craftsmen from all over the UK descends on Westonbirt for this magnificent display of skill. At the heart of the festival is Sculptree – giant trunks of wood transformed by chainsaw, chisel and a vast amount of hard work! The beautiful sculptures will be auctioned on Monday 30th at 3pm."

gb

Forager
Nov 4, 2003
Cornwall
that looks pretty good. i went to westernbirt back in june, great place to wander round for a day, loads of old trees of all kinds and some ancient hazel coppice. good bookshop aswell.

cheers gb

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
Thanks Andrew - it's the day after the meetup so I might try and nip across to that ... :biggthump

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Kath
The busiest part is the weekend after the meetup, all the various craft stalls etc turn up then, Sculptree is still pretty amazing but you don't get all the stalls. Last year Bison Bushcraft had a stall and there was another outfit selling lots of green wood working stuff, Sloyd Knives etc, Got myself a GB Mini from them, cheaper than bison Bushcraft too..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE