Ferro rods - supplier?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
A while ago i did a swap for some decent little ferro rods - intending on adding them to my next knife as part of the sheath and promptly lost them (of course).

Im wondering if anyone knows of a preferably UK seller with a range at not overbearing prices id like a few small/medium rods to be made up with beech and rose i think at the mo.

There is an american store here whch seems rather cheap but dont know if the rods are reasonable although the import cost is a bit a frustrating.

Recomendations would be welcome.

Thanks

the UK supplier also only does the larger 9mm rods

IVe got some from our Resident USA supplier and they are cheap and they work well but as Misch mash metal they are softer than the LMF ones and require a slightly different striking tecnique :D

if you buy several to split eh shipping etc its a good deal i got 23 last time in lots of sizes including teh big one :rolleyes:

oh the new Strikers they have Are the best on the market for any Ferro rod that i have used
firesteels.jpg

ATB

Duncan

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
cheeers for that Duncan - yeah i saw your post on the US supplier - i thought he said that there rods were harder than the Swedish version? Not that it matters.

I reckon 23 is a bit beyond me - i was thinking 5/6 - dont suppose you wanted to part with some of the smaller ones - squirel to beaver size i think....?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE