Fenix PD25 ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Evening, I've been thinking / trying to come-up with a way to Add a piece to the Head of the torch as I wanted to see ''lol// if I could Funnel the Beam more to a Spotlight / Focused Beam.
Any idea's or Methods or actaul bit's of kit to make this possible.
cheers

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
It's on my To Try list Along with Permanent Marker Pen Lid and Bottle Top, I was just asking to see if others had tried to do a similar Trick?. I've already got the Red add on Len's I was thinking of using this to attach a smaller Tube or something ???

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
I've been rummaging in my Torch bit & bobs Box and I found 1 of my old Plastic CR123 Battery Tubes / Holders so I cut off the Landyard section then cut the Loop off and it was a tight fit But yeah it'll do for now and it does Narrow the beam, I tried the Bottle lid idea but it would of needed taping and didn't really have the Depth, So in less anybody else can think or find another hack I'll try this for a while.
Cheers

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I suspect this is a question for CandlePowerForums. My guess is that you need some sort of collimator lens mounted in front of the existing lens to do it properly. Simply putting a plastic tube (probably black) on the front will only act as a shade to block light that was spreading out. Fine if you just want to cut the amount of light being thrown around but the tube won't direct that light into a spot, so the brightness and throw won't change significantly.

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Ah ok cheer's and yes your right it does just block out the Field of view / span of the beam, which is what I wanted, But I'll do abit more Googling for a actual Head attachment.
cheer's

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Other than a tube of some kind, only other thing is a LED emitter swap. PD25 uses a CREE XP_L so swapping to something like a OSRAM white flat LED would narrow the beam.

It might be cheaper to buy another flashlight, like Convoy C8+ with Osram CSLNM1.TG LED.

And the larger reflector will throw the light further.

PS Can also get the C8+ with different colour LED emitters, red, green, blue, orange-yellow etc.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Ah ok cheer's and yes your right it does just block out the Field of view / span of the beam, which is what I wanted, But I'll do abit more Googling for a actual Head attachment.
cheer's
I got a nite ize headband I use with my fenix (can’t remember the number but will look later - but it’s similar to the pd25)

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I think Forest Fella meant "head attachment" to mean something that attaches to the torch head to focus the light into a beam, rather than a means to attach the torch to the head of a person.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE