fellow pipe smokers

Some help please?
I've managed to clog the stem of one my pipes.
A soak in a warm bowl of water and pipe cleaner hasn't shifted it.
Any suggestions?
Is there anything I can soak the stem in to loosen the blockage?

Any advice gratefully received. Otherwise its off t the tobacconists to get a new stem.....
TIA
Sam

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Do you know any florists ?. Or have a florist nearby ? They use 'reel wire' thin (think fuse wire but thicker ) and a few inches of that will push through without bending too much and cause little if no damage.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Isopropyl Alcohol is your friend........cheap on the bay; There used to be a product available called "Pipepure" which would shift any 'baccy-related detritus very quickly, worth a bit of G-Fu...................
I think you'll find it difficult to shift the taste of meths or any of the smellys, I wouldn't want to do it with a pipe stem...............atb mac

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
A piece of garden wire ? No experience with pipes but it could work.

Instead of garden wire, why not try a real wire pipe cleaner? www.pipesandcigars.com/pipecleaners.html They're pretty cheap at most tobbaconists if you don't want to order online. They're also useful for cleaning the nooks and crannies in small bits such as gun parts.

I thought I remembered you posting that you were giving it up?

Instead of garden wire, why not try a real wire pipe cleaner? www.pipesandcigars.com/pipecleaners.html They're pretty cheap at most tobbaconists if you don't want to order online. They're also useful for cleaning the nooks and crannies in small bits such as gun parts.

I thought I remembered you posting that you were giving it up?

Used pipe cleaners they just bounce off the blockage......

Yeah thats not worked out at moment....cut down yes giving up no. ...I'm weak

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I see. Ok then, on to something with a bit more body to it then. Good luck. Both with cleaning it and with cutting down.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
How far in is the blockage Sam? Can you get a long thin screw into it, maybe a couple of twists and it might come free?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE