Feet ... Again !!!

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well that was all rather exiting !!! On Friday it seemed that one of the pieces of bone in my left foot had moved after the op. I photographed the foot (on my phone) and sent the pic to the surgeon asking if he could reassure me. I got an immediate reply saying it didn't look good and to come in at 8am today to the hospital for the possibility of another op to put things right. After looking at the foot the surgeon called for an Xray. I was all prepped for an op while they waited for him to come out of his first op of the day and look at the picture. He came, and told me the Xray showed the bone was still in the right place but had grown a lot of healing cartilege which should all reform over the weeks and foot do ok ... so no op. I go back for another check-up in 4 weeks (or phone him if anything looks worrying).

Very pleased. He's a very good surgeon and thinks on his feet. He expalined what he'd seen very comprehensively, which was very reassuring, and with a good sense of humour too. He would have fitted me in over his lunch (and promised he wouldn't leave his sandwich in the foot :lmao:). He also promised to make sure the feet are OK for the Glenoce trip :eek:.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE