Feeling out of sync?

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I thought I posted earlier about my concern that all this fruit will ripen far too early to be of much benefit to the migrating birds later in the year. I thought about this yesterday when I ate some ripe blackberries and saw some more that were black already on one of Reds pics.

I sincerely hope that it will not have too damaging an effect on the numbers of certain species. I have just been for a walk myself and was really struck by how little bird song I heard, add to that the large number of dead birds I have seen around. It all feels spooky - for want of a better word.

I also had brown leaves falling around me as I walked amongst the trees. It almost had the hairs up on my neck and I really felt odd. I hope this gloomy weather system comes to an end with the exit of July as some are predicting, then many can repair their homes and others just enjoy some sun.

It really doesn't feel to me like the first weekend of the summer holidays at all, I feel more like October half term has begun. My real concern is the effect it will have on our flora and fauna as it all seems to feel the same.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Nature always pulls through mate. Plenty of birds round here...Apparently all the swifts in sussex went to the coast during the really bad weather, but they are back again now ...

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I have just come back from a walk with the kids and the dog.

I saw a lot of birds and was surrounded by beautiful song. As I pulled out of the layby, I was gently driving along with a smile on my face and a muntjack ambled across the road in front of me.

Cheered me up no end. They must all have been asleep yesterday.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE