Feathers?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I have been waiting several years for just one little feather to come my way. I have a traditional Cherokee blowgun that I've made and all I need is one little feather from a hummingbird to complete it. I hope you don't have near the wait. :)

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Rhianwen said:
Does anyone know where I can get hold of Hummingbird feathers please? I realise they're difficult to get a hold of, but would love some if someone knows of somewhere :confused:

Rhi x

You could always ask a Hummingbird....Sorry, I'm no use whatsoever :eek:

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
Looks like it might be a VERY long wait :(

http://www.fws.gov/laws/lawsdigest/migtrea.html

Hummingbirds are migratory and as such are covered by the treaty.

Establishment of a Federal prohibition, unless permitted by regulations, to "pursue, hunt, take, capture, kill, attempt to take, capture or kill, possess, offer for sale, sell, offer to purchase, purchase, deliver for shipment, ship, cause to be shipped, deliver for transportation, transport, cause to be transported, carry, or cause to be carried by any means whatever, receive for shipment, transportation or carriage, or export, at any time, or in any manner, any migratory bird, included in the terms of this Convention . . . for the protection of migratory birds . . . or any part, nest, or egg of any such bird." (16 U.S.C. 703)

Live and learn eh? ;)

Greywolf

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
YOu may try a museum or taxidermist. If they repair or mount displays they may have "spares". I took my dad's old birds egg collection (he collected them as a boy when it was considered a healthy pastime) to the RSM Edinburgh to use and they told me they often had a spares box of animal bits for conservation and repair of displays.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE