fancy feathers wanted

greatbear

Apr 8, 2013
rotherham
hi guys am looking to make a native American styled smudging fan but am in need of some fancy biggish and smallish feathers. and the fan will also have a rattle built in to the handle. lots of nice bits to swap am looking for things like turkey feathers peacock feathers small piece off bison fur or coyote fur. cheers guys

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Hey GreatBear
Sorry I cant help you right now , unfortunately I just chopped up a collection of nice barred Buzzard feathers to make some primitive flu flu arrows ,which is a real pain as now I only have one big barred Buzzard primary and 1 or 2 good Owl feathers left and now need more myself to make the rosettes and drop peaces off a warbonnet. But good luck with your search, I'm sure a lot o dudes here collect too, but It will probably be Autumn before I can help you or me.

Last edited:

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I had a look in my budgie cage over the weekend and turned up these. The largest is 7cm [ish] long so maybe too small. How about going to your local pet shop maybe get parrot feathers etc.

2015-03-15%2010.59.28_zpsxqjsiins.jpg

If these are of any use give me your address and I'll happily post them. They don't seem to lose feathers too regularly but I can collect more as/ when I find them if you want.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE