Family Starter Pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
F

fooddestroyer

Hello everyone

I want to invest in a little "starter" pack for me, my wife, and two kids (3 & 5) to go camping and do some basic bushcraft with. We thought of doing a few days, initially, away practicing putting the tent up and down and a little cooking in between rambles and play.

I guess we want to know best buys and an "essential kit" list.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Welcome aboard

Seems like you've already listed the essentials, tent, sleeping gear, stove and cooking kit - everything else is just "toys"!

ATB

Ogri the trog

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello and welcome!
Basics
Something to sleep on
Something to sleep in
Something to sleep under
Something to cook
Something to cook in
Something to cook on
Something to cook with
Suitable clothing
Suitable waterproof clothing
Suitable spare clothing for when you get wet
Sense of Adventure
Toys for young and old :)

jmagee

Forager
Aug 20, 2014
Cumbria
Get a tent with a sewn in groundsheet and get a footprint ground sheet for the tent if you can. My wife has kind of fell out with camping due to the gusts of wind that enter the tent because we don't have a sewn in sheet...

Tomteifi

Nomad
Jan 22, 2016
Carmarthenshire, South Wales
Hello everyone

I want to invest in a little "starter" pack for me, my wife, and two kids (3 & 5) to go camping and do some basic bushcraft with. We thought of doing a few days, initially, away practicing putting the tent up and down and a little cooking in between rambles and play.

I guess we want to know best buys and an "essential kit" list.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Hello

My guess is that you already have 'the tent.' It would help if that's the case if, you would let us know what it is etc. and perhaps we can go from there. If you have any more 'equipment' please share that knowledge too. Many on here are only too willing to help, me included.

Tom.

Feb 9, 2016
Surrey
To keep the kids entertained, then take some guides to help identify flora and fauna. And yours might be a little too young but some paracord is always handy for knot practice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE