family camping in the highlands????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

willowherb

Nov 12, 2006
peebles
hi all
im just about to get my new tent and am looking for a place to pitch around the highlands.trying to do it on a tight budget but also need some creature comforts nearby as im taknig the family,,

any ideas of a place to pitch???

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I would suggest Resipole Farm campsite on the Ardnamurchan penninsula, near Ft. William, www.resipole.co.uk . It is situated on the shores of Loch Sunart, a sea loch, and surrounded by superb oak woods. Great walking in the area and lots of places for the kids including some great beaches. Have a look.:D

I confess an interest as I'm going there later in the year to do some bushcraft in the woods!

Gailainne

Life Member
If you are going to the west coast, I would recommend the campsites at Arisaig, theres 2 or 3 good ones just after the village on the road to Mallaig, all on the coast with stunning views of Rum, Eigg and Skye. Great walks, boat trips out to the Islands, wonderful food, and the sunsets have to be seen to be believed.

Stephen

shona

Tenderfoot
Sep 10, 2004
Scotland
if you want real highlands, I'd suggest Stoer beach in Assynt, a few miles north of Lochinver. It's a basic campsite but they allow you to light small fires and it's right on the most gorgeous beach ever, frequently used by surfers. It's a beautiful part of the world, (although Stoer itself seems to be attracting a lot of fixed caravans.) There's loads to see and do around there and Lochinver is a great little fishing village. It's not far from Achmelvich either.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE