Fallkniven WM1 with bocote scales

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
Yesterday i started making a Fallkniven WM1 with bogote scales for my wife.
And this is the result. I hope she likes it.... if not I will keep it myself.
Does anyone has a good example for a leather sheath for the WM1???

DSC04884.jpg

DSC04888.jpg

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Zeer ardig,

I have been thinking about getting one of these as an every day carry.

I have seen leather or kydex for these, my own preference would be leather.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Nice work fella, very impressive. I must say, even though i'm not a convex grind fan, i'm taken with the WM-1's lines and even more so when fitted with scales like these and finished to that standard.:) Well done.:)

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
Okay maybe it isnt really original but this is the sheath i made for the Wm1
I am also going to make a sheath like leon's sheath.
But I first going to make a Fallkniven A1 with leather sheath.

DSC04913.jpg

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Rapidboy does a mean custom neck sheath!! I have had mine for a short while and it's already a favourite! Should make a good match for the fine handle!! :D

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Here you are Ddokkum, I saw this recently and thought it was interesting. The idea is you can slide it into a pocket, but with a little design it could have holes for a neck cord or a loop for a belt.

ksfsheathb.jpg

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
I like the idea of this one. Maybe i am going to make a combi sheath for a F1 and the A1. But I think this will be a slight overkill with the knives.

Here you are Ddokkum, I saw this recently and thought it was interesting. The idea is you can slide it into a pocket, but with a little design it could have holes for a neck cord or a loop for a belt.

ksfsheathb.jpg

leon-1

Are you working on the A1 it self or on the sheath?

I have a complete family of them (the knives), but the one that I am currently working on is the A1. I then have an S1, 4x F1's, 2XH1's and a WM1 left to do, oh and a woodlore clone. 2 of the F1's and an H1 take priority as they need to be made before Christmas.

The A1 I should be starting the leatherwork for next week and both the F1's will then be on the bench having scales fitted.

All the sheaths I will make to fit the individual knife.

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands
That is quitte a list you are working on.
All i have got left at this moment are 2 F1's and the A1. But untill now i was making the knives pure for myself. Maybe i should consider selling them after i finished them.
But i guese there aren't a lot of people in Holland who pay the right price for it after working some time on the knive and sheath. And in my opinion there are always some small flaws on my knives and i would't know what to ask for it.

I have a complete family of them (the knives), but the one that I am currently working on is the A1. I then have an S1, 4x F1's, 2XH1's and a WM1 left to do, oh and a woodlore clone. 2 of the F1's and an H1 take priority as they need to be made before Christmas.

The A1 I should be starting the leatherwork for next week and both the F1's will then be on the bench having scales fitted.

All the sheaths I will make to fit the individual knife.

leon-1

That is quitte a list you are working on.
All i have got left at this moment are 2 F1's and the A1.

Yep, it is, some is purely commissioned work (which I only recently started doing) and some is part of the barter system:) , I will be getting a fair nice sets of few scales for the work.
But untill now i was making the knives pure for myself. Maybe i should consider selling them after i finished them.

Up untill recently I only made for friends or family, the trick is treating every knife the same, the same care and attention goes into any knife whether I know the person or not (that's mainly because I am a little bit of an obsessive).

But i guese there aren't a lot of people in Holland who pay the right price for it after working some time on the knive and sheath. And in my opinion there are always some small flaws on my knives and i would't know what to ask for it.

Everyone doubts their work, everybody will criticise thier own stuff as they see faults that others don't. The reason that others don't see the faults is that the faults aren't there, we have a picture in the minds eye of what we want something to be, when we don't quite achieve it we pick fault with it.

When you think that a knife and sheath may take a couple of weeks to make and get right so that I am happy to let it go, the money you get paid for it doesn't pay for the knife at all, £60 pounds on an F1 blade, then the scales, then the pins and the rest of the stuff (resins, abrasives, electric, thread, dyes, waxes and time to mention a few). So it's not just Holland my freind that are a little frugal with the funds.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE