Withdrawn Fallkniven F1 Micarta

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
Surrey... near a tree :)
BRKT Option found....

Bit of a Change of heart/direction As per the title, im thinking of going back to my BB origins (first proper knife)

I thought the F1 pro was ... OK ... but they had gone a little too thick on the blade for my liking.

Looking for a fallkniven F1 micarta variant, preferably the old skool original black micarta VG10 (no shield) or maybe a san-mai if the price is right.

Then the maroon i guess in order of preference.

No picture etched blade versions though..

It will be a user.

Used is fine as long as the edge is not too far gone.

If you got one you might want to move on then lets talk turkey
8)

I also have other knives on the sales thread that can part-trade if there's any interest in them.

Cheers

PH x

Last edited:

Mr Wolf

Jun 30, 2013
Nottinghamshire
BRKT Option found....

Bit of a Change of heart/direction As per the title, im thinking of going back to my BB origins (first proper knife)

I thought the F1 pro was ... OK ... but they had gone a little too thick on the blade for my liking.

Looking for a fallkniven F1 micarta variant, preferably the old skool original black micarta VG10 (no shield) or maybe a san-mai if the price is right.

Then the maroon i guess in order of preference.

No picture etched blade versions though..

It will be a user.

Used is fine as long as the edge is not too far gone.

If you got one you might want to move on then lets talk turkey
8)

I also have other knives on the sales thread that can part-trade if there's any interest in them.

Cheers

PH x
What did you do with your pro?

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
What did you do with your pro?

I sold the pro earlier in the year. Found the extra stock on the pro just a bit too thick. Made it a bit clumpy. And work requiring finer angles was a bit awkward.
Im always sortbof one in one out with my knife as i can only usually afford to keep what I use.

Sometimes i overstretch a little bit and end up with a backlog to sell ...

Reactions: Mr Wolf

Mr Wolf

Jun 30, 2013
Nottinghamshire
I sold the pro earlier in the year. Found the extra stock on the pro just a bit too thick. Made it a bit clumpy. And work requiring finer angles was a bit awkward.
Im always sortbof one in one out with my knife as i can only usually afford to keep what I use.
So the standard f1 in cos would be a better all round choice?

Reactions: Potatohead

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
So the standard f1 in cos would be a better all round choice?

Having used the cobalt steel there was a tiny noticable difference in edge retention at my basic usage level, But pound for pound just in my humble opinion the standard VG10 version is still Hard to beat if you want an F1. Also These get moved around quite a bit second hand as a convex grind takes a bit of getting used to. But you can get some good bargains on the VG10 F1.

Mr Wolf

Jun 30, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Having used the cobalt steel there was a tiny noticable difference in edge retention at my basic usage level, But pound for pound just in my humble opinion the standard VG10 version is still Hard to beat if you want an F1. Also These get moved around quite a bit second hand as a convex grind takes a bit of getting used to. But you can get some good bargains on the VG10 F1.
Oddly enough I regret giving away my fox River first production run and 2 f1s.

Potatohead

Jul 1, 2020
Oddly enough I regret giving away my fox River first production run and 2 f1s.
Im looking forward to my new Fox river.

Its always odd how at the time you think youre trading up for the next greatest thing and end up going back to what worked the best for you after all. (and wasting a few quid in the process) but thats the learning curve i guess.

Mr Wolf

Jun 30, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Im looking forward to my new Fox river.

Its always odd how at the time you think youre trading up for the next greatest thing and end up going back to what worked the best for you after all. (and wasting a few quid in the process) but thats the learning curve i guess.
An expensive learning curve at that

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE