Extreme Winter Hot Tenting Question.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Im thinking of an extreme winter trip next year for a week some place very cold, its only for me so want a small tent so it stays warm with a little home made stove...

when looking at tents i found this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Teepee-Te...re_HikingCamping_Tents_JN&hash=item3cf05a1a6f

its a polish ponch x 2 which turns into a tent tipi. now im thinking it would be perfect (almost) for 1 person, the only thing wrong with it is its a little short, but the price is great.

mods need to be done to it though, the sheets need to be stitched together and the addition of a snow skirt / hem at the bottom to stop wind ect, i would also replace the pole with some thing better too...

whats the opinion of the sub zero crew...;)

regards.

Chris.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
There was another mod done on here where someone increased the height by lengthening the 'cone' shape to make a taller tipi - I'll see if I can find a link...

A short time later...........

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87865&page=2

That was my initial thought, to add another 1 or 2 foot on the bottom, then add the wind breaker onto that, and of course stitch it all together as well, this would make it faster and more simple to put up, maybe have 3 poles to make it more stable too...

this could be a go...:)

thanks gents

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Make it from scratch, It will be alot easier than if you just add material to the bottom, 8 triangles with the skirt around the edge will be easier to sew together than remodeling one, by unpicking and adding. Plus it will make anything else easier to add or build in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE