External Frame Backpacks? Suggestion needed.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Oct 11, 2020
Wirral
So you can easily get an ALICE frame but I don't require want or need a large ALICE pack, and mediums are rocking horse...

I need to attach antenna to an external frame backpack.

Maybe a backpack that works with the ALICE frame?

Can anyone please recommend a backpack with external frame, pref medium sized?

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
have a look at a radio pack, especially made for attaching an aerial too, not too large, depending on what else you will be carrying, and what sort of radio.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Lets approach this from the opposite direction... you may not need an external frame pack
How big is the antenna? Length/ Weight / Type
What other hardware do you intend to carry?

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
So you can easily get an ALICE frame but I don't require want or need a large ALICE pack, and mediums are rocking horse...

I need to attach antenna to an external frame backpack.

Maybe a backpack that works with the ALICE frame?

Can anyone please recommend a backpack with external frame, pref medium sized?
What type of antenna are you going to be carrying? Would you not be able to strap it to the outside of an internal frame backpack?

Are you looking for a packframe that you can attach a backpack to, or an actual external frame backpack, and if so what volume pack to you need?

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Small = Platatac Tropical Spur

Medium = USMC FILBE Patrol Ruck

Large = Mystery Ranch Mountain Ruck

If its just the frame you're interested in, look at the DEI 1606 A frame.

Best pack I ever had was a Platatac Z Alice with the 1606 A frame. Got it imported from Aus. Worth every penny.

Platatac do a lot of packs that are compatible with either an Alice, brit GS or DEI frame.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
There's always the Clansman Radio Frame - IIRC it came in a variety of styles and weights and were quite cheap.

An example:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE