Extended (expanded) Lanyard Knot Tutorial

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

asemery

Settler
Aug 11, 2005
557
285
85
Pennsylvania
pineapple.myfunforum.org
Extended (expanded) Lanyard Knot Tutorial
KwOMs8P.jpg

puXVNtW.jpg



This tutorial is based on the tutorial found in the December 2015 issue of Knotting Matters, publication of the International Guild of Knot Tyers. I usually use the ring and middle fingers of my left hand instead of the dowel shown.
Bring the two ends around as shown
2jd5EEj.jpg



Bring the right hand end to left and down as shown and bring the other end to the right, up and to the left Over 2, Under 1 and over
RhaT5SQ.jpg



Bring the left hand strand Over 2, Under 1
f7U9ZQ5.jpg



Bring that same end Over 1 and Under the strand that goes around the dowel
VKJAWvV.jpg



Bring the other strand Over 1 and Under the strand going around the dowel
ySFsfRI.jpg



I find it easier to tighten the knot as much as possible before taking it off the dowel (fingers) bring the ends as shown
opNpbQF.jpg

To double bring each end parallel to the strand coming fron the loop as shown, follow that stand around and down through the middle of the knot at the obvious point.
npGj9u4.jpg
 
I don't think I have ever seen that knot before, but it looks useful, so I'll have a go at tying one for myself. Thanks for posting the tutorial.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE