Exped Synmat UL 9 failure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Hi all.

Quick run down, after inflating the mat I moved it to another room in the house, this room was much warmer, about half an hour later I heard a loud pop, the middle two chambers are now one big one, so I have 2 smaller chambers, 1 big one and 2 small ones again, I'm guessing that a repair is out of the question but what if I inflated it again, could I get the other 2 seams to burst you think ? that would give me 3 large chambers instead of 6 smaller one's.

Thanks for any advice.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Nightmare mate.. i think it's a common problem with the seams coming apart inside. What about contacting Exped is there a life time guarantee with there mats ?

Mines only the airmat version with no insulation.. i fear mine ballooning out one day.

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Thing is I bought it second hand so have no receipt, can't see that going down well with them, it's got to be just over 12 months old to boot, I'll have a word with the seller to see if I can get a date ?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thing is I bought it second hand so have no receipt, can't see that going down well with them, it's got to be just over 12 months old to boot, I'll have a word with the seller to see if I can get a date ?

I wouldn't worry. I recent bought a second hand Fjallraven Anorak 8 from here. First time it got wet, the leather toggles leached dye into the cloth making it look like I'd spilt black tea all over it. I contacted the UK supplier who looked at it and organised a brand new replacement. I was asked date of purchase and said I didn't know.

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
It's worth a shot contacting them.. when i bought mine i'm sure the warranty was something like 5 years on the Exped airmats. I don't know if the warranty varies on each model thou.

Big G

Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
I think they'll ship a new one out to you mate.. be a bonus if you can get the receipt.

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
You don't need a receipt, the beds have a code on the label which will tell Exped what the manufacture date is.

I've exchanged a few with them over the years and have always found them very helpful and accommodating, never shown a receipt.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE