Exped downmat 9

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
I’ve always done it like that, SaraR. I’ve had it 10.5 years now. My other half always inflates his to the point that I’m amazed it hasn’t burst. It’s weird how mine looks perfectly normal and is still comfortable. It’s only when I came to roll it up that I realised that the down had migrated to one tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's weird how it's done that. Not sure you can do much about it yourself, but Exped might have a solution.

I've got a lightweight synthetic one (a Wide one as I'm a sidesleeper) but we've got various synthetic and down ones for fieldwork and they're all getting old and starting to blow out now, so I'm glad we figured out a way to still use them. (Doubt we'd get funds to buy new ones.) And to keep my own in a good condition for as long as possible!

I used the mat over the weekend, and then before I fully deflated it, I tried giving it a bit of a pummelling where the down has clumped, and it did seem to disperse it a bit. I had to stop because I wanted to get the tent down before it started raining, but I'll have a proper go at it when I get the chance.

Reactions: SaraR

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE