Exotic (Non UK) wood spoons thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
This is the last one, honest.:)

The object of this one is slightly different. Post a picture of a spoon made with a wood not listed in either of my other two threads:
UK native wood spoons
UK naturalised woods spoons

Having posted, label your picture, and add to the list created by previous posters.

First poster will have to start a list of woods.

Let's give this one a target. Say, 20 different types of wood? I reckon we can do that easily. After that, let's see how many we get.

Usual one sort of wood per post rule please.

I don't have a spoon fetish, honestly :rolleyes: . It's just a thread idea that got out of hand...

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I don't have a spoon fetish, honestly :rolleyes: . It's just a thread idea that got out of hand...[/QUOTE]

Shall we close the thread now , I've been speaking to his therapist, it's the late nights. Lol :lmao:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
MagnoliaSpoon6A.jpg

Magnolia - Kepis

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Ok, that's a start to our list.

1. Magnolia - Kepis

Please copy and poaste this list, and add to it, every time you add a new wood. Initial target is 20 species.

Thanks

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Walnut - not on either list

DSCN8751.jpg

1. Magnolia - Kepis
2. Walnut - Kepis

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
leylandii. i carved this years ago and did a bit of kolrosing on it, found it out again recently and decided to refine it a little bit, i might re-do the kolrosing at a later date but for now i'm happy with the grain. it's the one in the middle

9vbiub.jpg

cheers

stuart

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
sorry, forgot the list;

1. Magnolia -
Kepis
2. Walnut - Kepis
3. Leylandii - shaggystu

cheers

stuart

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
img3582n.jpg

Guava. I did this one this weekend at our first bushcraft/primitive skills class here in Brazil. I made it very clear to them all that if they really want to see good spoons and learn how to make them they need to translate pages here. This was my first spoon with Guava.

1. Magnolia - Kepis
2. Walnut - Kepis
3. Leylandii - shaggystu
4. Sumac - Peat
5. Guava - Pict

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE