Exeter knife show meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
Sounds pretty good to me :)
How much extra would the camping for the weekend and the bushcraft bit on the saturday cost?
I'm not exactly local to Exeter so if I'm gonna go it'd be for more than a day or it wouldn't be worth it but I'm not exactly flush at the moment so cost is a real issue :(

-Switch- said:
Sounds pretty good to me :)
How much extra would the camping for the weekend and the bushcraft bit on the saturday cost?
I'm not exactly local to Exeter so if I'm gonna go it'd be for more than a day or it wouldn't be worth it but I'm not exactly flush at the moment so cost is a real issue :(
Its £45 for 2 nights camping which includes the bushcraft day , entrance to the show and a prize draw , well worth it :D I am going.
Thats off the top of my head , check BB forum for more details, It would be great if some of you guys come as well make the camp site a great place

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
For single camping it's closer to £65 with the show fee too. Add that to my petrol to get there and back, and expenses, and it's in the region of £130 for 2 days. :(
Everything's reasonable but it all adds up.

I was saving money to get a new knife and the show seemed the perfect place to make a decision, but I'll spend my knife money going to the show so I'll turn up unable to buy anything which kind of defeats the point of going in the first place :confused:

Shame, it sounded like a good weekend.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Well that knocks a fiver off the price :D ;)

Seriously though, it's not for at least another month so I'll see where I can cut costs and hopefully get myself down there. It'd be a real shame to miss out.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Im going to try to get myself to the show if my exam timetable allowes, but i wont be able to make it to the bushcraft day.. for anyone attending im sure you have a fantastic time, i was on a course taught partly by Chris Holland and he is a very nice guy and a great teacher and bushcrafter!

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
mikesknives said:
show ticket is included in the package.

mike

I had a look at the tarriffs on the campsite website and they have £14 per night for a two man tent so I'm a bit puzzled how we get to £59 for one person for two nights. :confused:

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
risby said:
I had a look at the tarriffs on the campsite website and they have £14 per night for a two man tent so I'm a bit puzzled how we get to £59 for one person for two nights. :confused:

I think the £59 includes the bushcraft as well as the camping fee. The site just has the tariff for camping.

I hope I'm not treading on anyones toes here, but I'm thinking of going to this knife show, and camping at good old Widecombe in the moor site which opens from May 1st as far as I know. £5 per person per night, and fires are allowed. It's about a 3/4 of an hour to an hour drive to Exeter from Widecombe or there abouts.
I won't be attending the Bushcraft session, so if anyone wants to meet up at Widecombe I'll see you there.

mikesknives

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
cornwall
two man tent is the minimum tariff.

package is based on two people sharing.

one person takes space of two man tent therefore the price cannot be split so attracts a single person supplement, £45 + 14 = £59.

sorry,not my rules unfortunately thats what the campsite charges. if three people can share a tent then it's £45 each etc.

mike

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
mikesknives said:
two man tent is the minimum tariff.
package is based on two people sharing.
one person takes space of two man tent therefore the price cannot be split so attracts a single person supplement, £45 + 14 = £59.
sorry,not my rules unfortunately thats what the campsite charges. if three people can share a tent then it's £45 each etc.
mike

Ah right, I see. So, for two people, each pays; £14/night, £4 for the knife show ticket and £13 for the bushcraft session = £45 each.

A single person is charged the supplement for one night only, is that right?

mikesknives

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
cornwall
the camp site don't have a rate for one person only two sharing so the camping fees are £28 for the two nights when you split that between the two people the package comes out at £45 each.

unfortunately for anyone who wants to come on their own they will have to pay the full £28 themselves making the package £59.

my advice is try and arrange through this forum to meet with someone else at the site and share a tent and then book together, not ideal i know but would save you both the supplement.

or go down to widecombe i don't mind as long as you attend the show :D

i really only put this together because a few people on BB asked about camping and i thought something like this would make it a good weekend out and more worthwhile if you were travelling some distance.

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
mikesknives said:
the camp site don't have a rate for one person only two sharing so the camping fees are £28 for the two nights when you split that between the two people the package comes out at £45 each.

unfortunately for anyone who wants to come on their own they will have to pay the full £28 themselves making the package £59.

my advice is try and arrange through this forum to meet with someone else at the site and share a tent and then book together, not ideal i know but would save you both the supplement.

or go down to widecombe i don't mind as long as you attend the show :D

i really only put this together because a few people on BB asked about camping and i thought something like this would make it a good weekend out and more worthwhile if you were travelling some distance.

I still don't understand.

If £28 pays for two people for two nights that means each person pays £14 for their two nights camping. Would you mind itemizing what the extra £31 that each person must pay is for?

Mike, I do appreciate how much trouble you are going to but I really have to minimise costs because I haven't had an income for quite a while now.

mikesknives

Tenderfoot
Nov 11, 2005
cornwall
show ticket £4
bushcraft course £23
admin £4

i hope you'll find it excellent value for money but the only way you'll know is to come and join the fun :D

the campsite wasn't first choice but the one we wanted was fully booked for that weekend but the pro of this campsite is it's very civilised and the land chris uses is very near and it's also only 15 minutes drive from exeter.

hope that makes it all clear.

mike

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
mikesknives said:
show ticket £4
bushcraft course £23
admin £4

i hope you'll find it excellent value for money but the only way you'll know is to come and join the fun :D

the campsite wasn't first choice but the one we wanted was fully booked for that weekend but the pro of this campsite is it's very civilised and the land chris uses is very near and it's also only 15 minutes drive from exeter.

hope that makes it all clear.

mike

Thanks Mike. Yes that's clear now. Cheers.

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Mike,

I managed to get the money for this weekend after all so I dug about in Word and retrieved the booking forms you sent me... and they have a cut off date of 10th of April :(

I notice that you posted on the 12th saying there were still some places left so does that mean it's not too late after all?

I know it's poor of me to have left it so late but I'd still really love to go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE