Exercise in covid-19 lockdown

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Anyone taken time to look into exercise during enforced, home based lockdown? Any last minute kit recommendations? Tina, sugar, flour for weights? Those elastic band/tube exercise kit? Weights? Yoga? Pilates? Any exercise solutions in the cramped, indoor spaces of modern life?

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Gardening. Then tending the veg / fruit cage and greenhouse. Then archery practice in the garden - backs out onto a 25 acre field of rapeseed plants. Then walks around the fields and lanes. Catapult practice to keep the greys away from our bird feeders :). Plenty to be getting on with...Indoors is going to be difficult but half an hour with a heavy old Dyson hoover - so strong it lifts the carpets - is usually enough for me.

Cheers, Bob

Turnip

Sep 28, 2010
Radnorshire
get yourself a skipping rope and some looped resistance bands with a door anchor. everything you need along with your own body weight. pull up bar is a nice extra.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Was thinking of getting the resistance cords, bands, etc. We've got cheap aldi barbells from 1kg to 8 iui r 10kg iirc plus 12kg kettlebell. We've got a smart turbo trainer which has never been set up properly because we haven't the space to leave it set up nor the spare bike for it. Neither types suit completely.

Sundowner

Jan 21, 2013
Northumberland
I'm just leaving the house with my rucksack on, food for the day and a tin or two. Tiny woodland space 100m up the road. Nobody ever gets in there anyway. Not very pretty but there you go

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE