Ex maglite solataire sewing kit

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I made this many years ago when I had several dead beyond resurrection Maglite Solitaires. One I made into a little match safe that's been on my key ring for over 20 years and one I turned into a little sewing kit that was relegated to a draw once the amount of cack on my keys reached ridiculous proportions.

imagejpg2_zps59cd3303.jpg

A saw made short work of the bits not required and a small plug of milliput sealed the open end. A circle of grip tape as a striker finished off the match safe and a bit of plastic rod and some discs of plasticard made the thread spool come needle case. I think I drilled out the screw cap end as well, to get a bit more length.

Now I've refound it ill fit it to the broken zip of my wash bag to use as a pull. My apologies for those who recall when I first mentioned this, many moons ago.

atb

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers! It seamed a waste just to chuck the ones that couldn't be fixed and back in the late 80s everyone seemed to have a Solitaire. At one point they were as little as three quid a pop and a load were dished out as promotional gifts.

ATB

Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE