Evesham?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Just moved in with SWMBO in Evesham and this place is alien to me. does anybody live round here fancy meeting up for a bimble?

The ole water gypsy works all day mostly and im still recovering from surgeries so need to get out and stretch my legs but havent seen any countryside really since moving in. trees seem sparse down here and aint seen a hill since passing the scottish border :lmao:

i dont drive but will check out the buses around here at somepoint. all iv done since getting here is set up a small leather workshop so still need to explore but if anyone is local and can show me around some nice places i would be extremely grateful and can share some leatherworking skills if thats of any use

cheers
Hamish

Dreadhead

went exploring along the river for a few hours today. got charged by a bull, lovely stuff nearly had to jump in the river. gonna be hard finding any quiet spots around here methinks best start looking up bus and train services!

Peteo

Banned
Apr 1, 2012
Wales
Have a look on Google Earth. Find your area and look around for quiet spots or places that look like they would be undisturbed.

Saves searching and being charged by bulls!

Thetillerman71

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 9, 2012
Gloucester
There is a good surplus store in Worcester, Surplus & adventure unit 6, Lowesmoor Wharf, Worcester, WR1 1RS that's the only time I venture over there. Think there is also another called Harpers Bazaar, 263 Worcester Road, Malvern, Worcestershire WR14 1AA but never been there

Hoggy

Jan 30, 2010
uk
There is a good surplus store in Worcester, Surplus & adventure unit 6, Lowesmoor Wharf, Worcester, WR1 1RS that's the only time I venture over there. Think there is also another called Harpers Bazaar, 263 Worcester Road, Malvern, Worcestershire WR14 1AA but never been there

That wouldn't be the surplus and adventure that appears to be the bane of quite a few people on here? http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81342

Hoggy

Jan 30, 2010
uk
Winchcombe near evesham very popular with walkers as it is surrounded by AONB. Plenty of footpaths around into the cotswolds and up Cleeve Hill.

Last edited:

Dreadhead

I live in Winchcombe about 7 miles from Evesham. I know there is a bus from Evesham to Winchcombe have a look for Castleways bus company on line should give some details about timetables although I don't think it's that regular. Winchcombe very popular with walkers as it is surrounded by AONB. Plenty of footpaths around into the cotswolds and up Cleeve Hill. Would say to meet up and show you about but currently just had a new addition to the family so time is currently being swallowed up changing nappies etc. As for the leatherwork, keep an eye out for some of the country fairs about, there was one at Kemerton recently which isn't to far from Evesham.

cheers Hoggy ill definitly check that out :)

Snowfire

Forager
Jan 10, 2010
Cotswolds
Hop on the train to Moreton in Marsh, only a couple of stops. Plenty of good walking around there, especially if you head west from Moreton. If you want to be shown around let me know or drop me a PM for some suggested routes to explore on your own.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE