Evening nature bimble in ashdown forest...

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Chas Brookes and myself are going for an evening bimble in the ashdown forest on friday the 4th of may. We will be trying to identify the plants we find as well as looking at the wildlife around. Hopefully hearing the eerie sound of the nightjar, as dusk comes....
Was wondering if you wanted to come along too......

jasons

Settler
Jan 15, 2006
Tain Scotland
Jon Pickett said:
Chas Brookes and myself are going for an evening bimble in the ashdown forest on friday the 4th of may. We will be trying to identify the plants we find as well as looking at the wildlife around. Hopefully hearing the eerie sound of the nightjar, as dusk comes....
sounds cool :)

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Jon Pickett said:
Pity I live in Suffolk! I used to live in Nutley, lane called Clinker Lane if I remember correctly. There is a track going down into the forest, and we used to live in a small cottage in the forest. We had deer walking past the windows regularly, adders in the garden.. It's was as close to paradise as you can get in this crowded place. :)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
jojo said:
Pity I live in Suffolk! I used to live in Nutley, lane called Clinker Lane if I remember correctly. There is a track going down into the forest, and we used to live in a small cottage in the forest. We had deer walking past the windows regularly, adders in the garden.. It's was as close to paradise as you can get in this crowded place. :)
Sounds lovely....I havent been in the forest for years now, and am looking forward to it...
Any idea on a starting point yet Chas...

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi Jon :)
I think we will meet at
MILLBROOK EAST CARPARK
LOCATED ON EAST SIDE OF A22 SOUTH OF FOREST ROW, NORTH OF NUTLEY APPROX 7 MILES SOUTH OF EAST GRINSTEAD
OS MAP REFERENCE 543932 129
this is a good location as it gives us some good options for the bimble maps below
Chas

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
chas brookes said:
Hi Jon :)
I think we will meet at
MILLBROOK EAST CARPARK
LOCATED ON EAST SIDE OF A22 SOUTH OF FOREST ROW, NORTH OF NUTLEY APPROX 7 MILES SOUTH OF EAST GRINSTEAD
OS MAP REFERENCE 543932 129
this is a good location as it gives us some good options for the bimble maps below
Chas
Excellent, see you there Chas, and anyone else who's comming....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE